Friday, January 9, 2009

Update!

I just realized that it's been a long time since I last posted! I'll try to get this updated here...

Christmas came and went (very quickly, I might add). When I went to write this post, I realized that we didn't take pictures with the still camera this year, only video. I have no idea how to post that, so I guess we're not posting pictures of Christmas. Santa brought Braydon Guitar Hero World Tour, which he actually HUGGED after opening! He also brought Damian XBOX Live (but not the time to enjoy it!). The boys were happy with how they made out! We had brunch at our house on Christmas morning and went to see Marley & Me that evening. AMC now has what is called "Fork and Screen" where you can eat dinner while you watch the movie. It's actually very reasonably priced (if you don't indulge in adult beverages). Come to think of it, a lot of our meals have been cheaper lately since we are primarily a non-drinking couple these days!

The baby seems to be doing well. I passed my glucose tolerance test "with flying colors" at the end of December. Thankfully, this means that I don't have to go do the 3 hour tolerance test! We had a 3D ultrasound on January 4th which Braydon and our parents got to be a part of. Unfortuantely, the baby wasn't cooperating. Apparently, I have an anterior placenta (meaning it sits on the front of my stomach) and the baby is using it as a body pillow (that's definitely MY kid!). This made it almost impossible to see much. We did get a COUPLE shots of PART of the face. In the shots below, you can see the lower right side of the face (which is towards the left side of the picture).

Relaxing...




Rubbing the eyes...

I am now on bi-weekly doctor visits and I go to weekly visits in the middle of February. It's hard to believe I'm almost 30 weeks! That's 3/4 of the way done! I spend a minute or so each morning looking fondly at the clothes hanging in my closet that used to fit and begin to get anxious to wear them again. I miss the selection I used to have! :)

Today I am feeling like a bad parent. I rarely (even when not pregnant) drink anything with caffeine. However, lately I've been craving Dr. Pepper or any other soda that has caffeine in it (Sprite is just not doing it). I don't usually indulge other than a few sips of Damian's from time to time. Today, however, I broke down and bought a Cherry Coke from the vending machine. WHOA BABY! This child is HAVING A COW in there! Oy.


The baby's kicks have gotten much stronger lately. Strong to the point that they can now wake me from a dead sleep (especially when I'm getting hit in spots that were NEVER made to be kicked!). I honestly don't even know how there's room to move in there! Poor kid...

No comments: