Wednesday, December 3, 2008

6 Months and counting

Well, I'm officially 6 months along. Everything looked good at the check-up yesterday and seems right on schedule. It's hard to believe that after the next appointment I have to start going bi-weekly through the middle of February, then I have to go every week! The time is flying along and I've yet to figure out how I'm going to get everything done that I need to by the end of March... or sooner if this baby is as impatient as I was!

The baby has been overly active today and I've spent much of the day laughing at my stomach. It particularly went crazy while we watched the 4th grade music program this afternoon. My stomach took on a life of it's own (no pun intended) and it was hilarious to watch.

Even though we don't know what the baby is (boy or girl), I often find myself thinking or saying "she". It will be interesting to find out if there really is such a thing as mother's intution, or if this is a story I will NOT be telling my poor son about his time in Mommy's tummy! :)

Braydon is really coming along with his reading. He read to us last night and I was very impressed with his prosody and fluency. (For those non-educators, that's basically tone of voice/phrasing and smoothness). He seems to be learning quickly. He has also recently started basketball on a recreation team. His first game is this Saturday morning and he seems pretty excited about it! The only team sport he's played is T-Ball and I'm looking forward to watching a sport that moves a little more quickly! :)

No comments: