Sunday, January 25, 2009

2 months to go

Yikes! It's coming up fast! I can't believe there are only 2 more months to go! Less than 9 weeks (which actually sounds like less time than 2 months). The baby seems to be right on track. I have another appointment tomorrow and then another 2 weeks later. After that, I have to start going weekly.

Yesterday we attended a childbirth prep class. I think I could have done without it. Sure, the information is probably useful, but I'm good with just being told what to do when it happens. No need to add the extra anxiety of weeks of thinking about what is acually going to be happening to me. Not to mention the lovely birth video we got to watch. I could have done without that. I had to watch one in college and that was enough. Let's just say that I've never been more convinced that an epidural is my friend than I am right now. In all seriousness it was probably a good idea to attend, however that doesn't make the anxiety go away!

I haven't been sleeping well lately and tend to wake up for anywhere between 1-3 hours per night every few nights. I am usually hungry during this time. Lately I've noticed a feeling of hunger most of the time... almost like I have a tapeworm! The baby must be growing a lot lately. I've also been short of breath frequently. Oh, the joys of pregnancy. Is it April yet? Preferably the end of April???

I need to start thinking about getting sub plans together (though, as of now I have no long term sub). The district is in a hiring freeze, so you would think people would be JUMPING at long term sub opportunites. The pay is certainly better than daily subbing throughout the district.

I think the dog is starting to get jealous. Braydon was laying on my tummy the other day and we were talking. As soon as he got up, the dog jumped up and took his spot. She tends to want to get in between Damian and I when we're sitting on the couch or laying in bed as well. I think she's going to have a more traumatic transition when this baby comes than Braydon is! He is just excited about having a little brother or sister (he may change his mind when the baby is crying in the middle of the night!).

No comments: