Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Well, it's come and gone, and we survived Black Friday. Damian was up and at em before the crack of dawn on Friday morning. I opted to "sleep in" (for me that's 6:30) and was awake when he got home from his trip to Wal-Mart after 2 hours. We decided, since we were both up, to go ahead and get some shopping done. I was a little apprehensive about going out on Black Friday- I HATE crowds like that and being almost 6 months pregnant, I don't feel the need to spend my day pushing through crowds and waiting in long lines. To my surprise, by the time we got out, things were not at all bad. Sure, the stores were slightly more packed, but I didn't find the lines to be much longer than normal and the "doorbusters" were still going on. It figures that the one thing we were looking for that Braydon really wants was still close to $200 and NOT on sale. We did manage to knock off a good chunk of our Christmas shopping, so that was nice. Now it's just a matter of finding places to hide these items for the next month...

In other news, the baby seems to be getting more and more active, with stronger kicks and punches. Some days s/he decides to be lazy, making me slightly apprehensive. Children make us worry from the moment of conception and probably never quit. I guess I should just get used to it. Current baking time: 5 months, 3 weeks. Time still left: 4 months, 1 week.

No comments: