Wednesday, February 20, 2008

1 Year!

It's been awhile since we've posted (Ok, since I'VE posted. Let's be honest, Damian doesn't even remember how to get to this webpage, much less update it!).


We have been busily chugging through 2008. I am back in full swing with classes. I don't mind my Monday night class, but my Wednesday night class is mind-numbingly dull! The course is History and Philosophy of Education and my professor must have known Aristotle personally, he's that old. Not to mention, we were informed the first night that he was in prison at the age of 17 for 5 felonies (he assured us they were NON-VIOLENT). Comforting...!


I was finally able to quit my second job at Yankee Candle. Not that I worked that often, but when I was working, it totally stressed me out because I always had my mind on 500 other things I thought I SHOULD have been doing instead of working. Needless to say, I will miss the discount, but I am relieved to not have that extra stress!

Saturday was our 1st Anniversary. We stayed down on The Plaza at The Raphael, where we stayed on our wedding night and had dinner at JJ's (YUM!). The weather on Feb. 16th this year was a slight improvement from last year, with rain rather than snow, and the snow held off at least 12 hours longer this year and didn't hit until about 2am.




I have to say, as bitterly cold as it is in Kansas and as much snow as we've had this winter, it's been hard not to miss this time last year when we were laying on the beach in Jamaica. The sun, the beach, and a Pina Colada! This is a picture of the resort where we stayed. The beach was beautiful!




1 comment:

Scott and Suzanne said...

Happy Anniversary! The gift is paper, right? Hope you had a wonderful first year and many more to come!