We are experiencing a Winter Wonderland here in the great state of Kansas (as most of you know). The part that is a bummer is that I've been trying to get our Christmas lights hung (since we have a place to hang them outside this year) and haven't been able to lately. It seems like every time I have a chance to hang them, the weather gets bad. The lovely ice has also posed a challenge in getting around. The driveways streets have been sketchy and the poor dog wiped out with all four feet coming out from under her the other day. She landed very ungracefully on her belly... then got up and ran even faster across the ice... She's not always as smart as we think!
With much reluctance from Damian, we bought our (REAL!) Christmas tree on Friday. He has always had a fake tree and I grew up with a real one. Since we are hosting Christmas dinner at our house this year, I got him to agree to get a real tree. It smells WONDERFUL! Unfortunately, our dog thought so too and attacked the lower branches. Oh well, we were planning to cut those off anyway, she just saved us some work.
I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy! I'll try to post some pictures here soon. Blogs are always more interesting with pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment