It's been a few years since I last kept a blog, but I thought it might be fun. Our lives right now are crazy and I thought this modern, not-so-private version of a diary would be both theraputic and a chance for friends and family to keep up with what is going on in our lives.
Here's a quick rundown of our lives right now:
Damian is working for a small company that sells pennants and banners to larger companies. He will soon be finishing his second masters degree through Baker in Science Management. He's still working part time at Dick's Sporting Goods.
I am currently teaching fourth grade in the Olathe School District by day and working on a masters in Curriculum and Teaching from KU two nights a week. I'm still working (pretty infrequently) at Yankee Candle.
Braydon started kindergarten in Ottawa this fall. He attends the full day program and is doing well! His favorite "subject" is lunch. He is with us two nights every week and every other weekend.
In September, we moved from Overland Park to Gardner. That puts us about 10 minutes south of Olathe and 20 minutes north of Ottawa. This cut our 2-4 time per week round-trip drive to Ottawa in half! I am still close enough to school and Damian's drive to and from work didn't change too much. The primary goal, cutting down the time it takes to get to Braydon when he's in Ottawa, was the biggest advantage of this move. We also love our place! We are still renting, but I think this is the best rental property and situation for us until we buy. We acquired so much more space as well as a garage and a yard with this move. Laci (our lab) is LOVING all of this space to run! If you haven't seen our place, I'll try to get some pictures to post.
We will try to post as often as possible, or at least when something exciting happens or changes!
1 comment:
Welcome back to the blog world!
Post a Comment