Tuesday, July 19, 2011

From the mouthes of babes...

Lately, Noah's been talking up a storm. This summer, his language has exploded. He started out in May using 2, rarely 3 words together. Now he speaks in full (toddler style) sentences. They aren't always gramatically correct, but they are good in 2-year-old lingo. Here are some of his favorites (some spellings reflect his pronunciations):


"Whuch you dooing, Mommy?"
"Oh, no, no, Noooo!" (Very cute- sounds like he's an adult talking to a child)
"Noah go Mommy's school!"
"Noah play tutar (guitar), Mommy!"

The other night, I put him down for bed and when I went in to check on him later on, this is how I found him. I'm not above bribery to get my child clean. This was what it took to get him to take a bath at the hotel when we were at the family reunion. You do what you have to...
Both kids are enjoying summer. We have spent a lot of time at the pool. Braydon loves the "big boy" slides (as we call them to Noah when he wants to go down them) and Noah loves the family slide. We've had a pretty low key summer, overall. We did go to Kaleidoscope and to play in the fountains at Crown Center last week. It's been so hot lately that you can almost only stand to be out for a few hours- and even then only when you're in the water. Braydon has football camp in the evenings this week and next. I can't believe they are still doing it with the heat index so high. For those not in KS- it's been close to 110 some days with the heat index.


Last night, Noah had a fight with the garage door and lost. I had pushed the botton to raise the door and he took off running, full speed, towards it. I yelled at him to stop, but he either didn't hear me, or didn't care. Needless to say, he got to the door right as it was face level. I've replayed the slow motion in my head many times over the last 12 hours. His face hit the door, knocking him backward, where he fell to the ground and hit his head. Luckily, I think his back hit the floor first and cushioned the head impact. There was no blood (much to my surprise with the way he hit the door), but there were a lot of tears, and today he has a nice red bump under his right eye. I woke him up once last night after putting him to bed to make sure his head was ok. He gave me some pretty nasty looks. Poor kid. It definitely shows up much less on camera than it does on his face. ;-) I guess we'll wait to have family pictures for another week or so!

No comments: