Our little piggy has gotten himself up to eating between 11-13 oz of formula in a 4 hour period. Because of this, the doctor decided it was time that he start on cereal, even though he's not 4 months yet. We tried it this morning for the first time, and let's say, it was NOT a pleasant experience for either of us. He screamed, spit it out, spit it all over me, and wanted NOTHING to do with it. The attempt ended with him shutting his lips fiercly tight and refusing to let me put anything into his mouth. I am certain that more came out than I actually put in, and by the time we were done, I was wearing as much as he was. This afternoon I tried again, with some advice from mommies who've done this before. This time, I gave him a bottle FIRST, which alleviated the sheer anger that comes out when he's very hungry. Once he was happy, we tried the cereal. I don't think he got anymore than he did this morning, but it was a much more peaceful experience that even contained some smiles and no crying. Next time, we'll work on swallowing...
Braydon has had many compliments on what a great big brother he is. He got several today when we were at a meeting I had for school. He is extremely helpful when it comes to Noah. Lately he's been asking to hold, feed, and play with Noah regularly. I think it helps that Noah can actually smile and do some moving and cooing of his own. It makes the experience more interesting. Braydon is so good with him, though. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that he's only 7 years old! Hopefully he's still as fond of Noah when he's crawling around and getting into his stuff! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment